German-Canadian online symposium on the potential of AI for health innovations
On October 20, 2021, 5-8 pm CET, the German-Canadian projects AIR_PTE and NephroCAGE are hosting an online symposium focused on the potential of artificial intelligence for health innovations.
Whether for the early detection of diseases or as intelligent assistance systems in hospitals - healthcare is already one of the most important fields of application for AI. On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the German-Canadian research cooperation, the projects AIR_PTE and NephroCAGE, funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) and the Canadian National Research Council (NRC), are now taking a look at the potential of artificial intelligence for health innovations in an online symposium.
On October 20, 2021, 5-8 pm CET, partners from both projects will share insights and latest findings in the field of health data collection, processing and the use of the latest AI methods. They will also address the question of how physicians and payers can benefit from the latest developments in AI and how these can be transferred to broad healthcare practice.
In addition, topics will include establishing federated learning infrastructure for AI to leverage health data. Federated learning methods enable privacy-preserving use of multinational, cross-population data, providing the basis for developing more accurate predictive models that process health insights for health insurers, clinicians, and physicians.
Furthermore, tools for innovation management in healthcare systems of Canada and Germany will be presented and funding opportunities for future bilateral cooperation projects will be explored.
The Symposium is targeted to:
- Public & Private Health Insurance & Government Organizations
- Clinical and Health Research Institutions
- Physicians & Health AI Specialists
- German – Canadian NEPHROCAGE Project Dr. Matthieu-P. Schapranow, Hasso Plattner Institute
- German – Canadian AIR_PTE Project Prof. Dr. Thomas Zahn, DCC Risikoanalytik
- Dr. Inji Yaghmour, Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux, Québec, Canada
- N.N., Innovation Fund, Germany
- Andrew Bauder, National Research Council, Ontario, Canada
- Georg Nagel, BMWi- ZIM via AiF Forschungsnetzwerk Mittelstand, Germany (tbc)
Moderator of the event will be Alexander Thamm.
The attendance is free of charge. Please register here.