Competence Network & Label Trusted Cloud
The association „Trusted Cloud Competence Network e.V.“ operates an internet platform for information about cloud computing. It distinguishes trustworthy cloud computing offers with a corresponding label.
The Competence Network Trusted Cloud
During the period of the funding program Trusted Cloud the association “Competence Network Trusted Cloud” was funded. Objectives of the association are:
- increasing confidence in cloud computing,
- demonstrating the potential benefits of cloud computing, especially for SMEs;
- help to minimise the risks of use;
- promotion of competitiveness.
In the network, medium-sized developers and users of trustworthy cloud offers in particular work on the following topics:
- development of trustworthy cloud offers;
- evaluation and use of the business potential of cloud technologies in different applications and operational environments;
- recording and considering the legal framework of cloud computing;
- development of security technologies for cloud computing;
- avoidance of user dependencies on cloud services once used.
Furthermore, the competence network awards the Trusted Cloud Label for trustworthy cloud offerings on the basis of an objective and transparent catalog of criteria. Interested users receive valuable assistance in selecting the appropriate service from the cloud.
The competence network Trusted Cloud e.V. continues to manage the conformity assessment programme as the programme owner. After recognition by the EDSA, the AUDITOR programme will enable EU-wide applicable data protection certification in accordance to Art. 42 GDPR specifically for cloud services